Cape Concrete was founded
by R A M Louw in 1932 as a supplier of cement, sand and stone
plus a limited range of precast concrete products.
The company grew steadily during and after
the war years, expanding into sand mining in 1952. It acquired
African Spun Concrete in 1969, adding heavier precasts for
use in the civil engineering industry to its growing range
The company has kept pace with new technologies,
methods and equipment in the face of demands for products
of high standard. Still controlled by the Louw family, Cape
Concrete ranks today as a leading manufacturer and supplier
of superior precast concrete products to the construction
and civil-engineering industries and municipal authorities
in the Western Cape Province, and farther afield.
Its range of products is believed to be
the biggest of its kind in South Africa. The range is topped
by kerbstones, pipes, lamp poles and manholes. It extends
to toilet housings, slabs, bridge beams and balustrades, masts,
gulley grids, window systems, interlocking roadstones, hazardous
waste containers and prefabricated garages, among other products.
The company also supplies the domestic market
and builders with a range of simulated stone products for
the beautification of homes, through its STONE Creations division.